About the Department
History of Danvers Fire Department
The Danvers Fire Department has been around since the early 1920,s and only served the town of Danvers. At that time donations were accepted from the residents of the rural community up until 1962. In 1962, the Danvers Fire District was formed and the taxes were collected to fund the volunteer service. In 1963 the department built a new fire station at 304 E. Main St. in Danvers, which is now owned by the Village of Danvers and is used as the Public Works building. In December of 1983 the Danvers Fire Department built another new Fire Station just down the street at 208 E. Main St. and is still utilizing this facility as the current station.
In 1962, Keith Lemons was appointed Chief of the Danvers Fire Department and served as Chief until January of 1991. Greg Lemons has served as chief of the Danvers Fire Department from January of 1991 to December 31, 2009.
On January 1, 2010 Glenn Rosecrans was appointed Chief and is currently the Chief of the Danvers Fire and Rescue.
The Danvers Fire Protection District covers approximately 63 square miles and protects a population of about 5,000 people. The Danvers Fire District includes all of the Danvers Township and approximately 2/3 of Dry Grove Township.
The Danver Fire Department ISO Rating
The Danvers Fire Department ISO Rating is "Community Classification= 4/4Y"
Fire Department Responses
The Danvers Fire Department responds to an average of 90 to 100 calls per year. More than one half of the calls Danvers Fire Dept. responds to are due to motor vehicle accidents and only 1 or 2 of those call per year are for structure related fires.
On top of that Danvers EMS services respond to an average of 150 calls per year.